Rapidcom and Rapidcase
Rapidcom Communications Platform
Rapidcom is a rapidly deployable communications platform specifically engineered to deliver mission critical communications immediately after a disaster strikes. The system’s light weight and modular design provides the mobility needed to deploy in hard to reach theatres via a wide range of transport methods. Tow it in. Truck it in. Fly it in. Rapidcom will supply the comms you need in almost any environment.
- Easily transport with small vehicles – ATVs, golf carts, snow machines, etc.
- Total weight is well below tow limits for SUVs, trucks, and some cars (standard equipment <1,100 lbs.).
- Low storage height - fits under a standard 8’ overhead door with tower (tower can be quickly removed for storage units less than 7’).
- Enclosure can be quickly moved from trailer to pickup bed or AWD military vehicle for faster access to affected areas via rough roads, trails, and difficult terrain.
- Trailer and tower can be removed for aircraft transport over long distances.
- Entire unit can be airlifted by most military helicopters.
- Deployable by a single person and fully operational in 5-15 minutes (varies based on equipment).
- Most configurations do not require technical expertise for setup.
- Onboard systems can be remotely monitored and controlled via IP.
- Flexible platform supports a wider range of missions for less.
- One stop shop for technical support and maintenance – We own and operate multiple satellite teleports and VoIP hosting facilities and provide end to end technical support for all equipment and service we provide.
- All systems include full access to our nationwide Emergency Management Network (EMnet) for no additional cost (does not apply to customers with expired satellite service plans).
- All aluminum construction with rugged powder coat finish.
- Large equipment bay with two 23U racks and ample room for storage of additional equipment.
- Large front and rear access doors.
- Electrical load center for selection of generator or shore power.
- LED equipment bay lighting.
- Environmental system with thermostatically controller heater and cooling fans.
- Optional air conditioning and propane heating are available.
- Load hooks on all corners for transport and tie down.
- Locking latches on all doors and access points.
- Outdoor patch panel with customer specific connections - power, internet, telephone, radio antennas, WiFi, etc.
- Generator bay with plenum cooling system.
- Custom graphics package.
- UPS power system provides up to 1 hour of backup power for fueling, maintenance, and rapid deployment.
- Standard fuel bay configuration provides 72+ hours of continuous generation operation.
- Tri-Fuel Generator Option.
- Dual Yamaha generators.
- Supported fuel types – gasoline, propane, natural gas.
- Diesel Generator Option.
- Cummins Onan generator.
- Electric start with sealed battery (automatically charges via generator or shore power).
- Supported fuel type – Diesel.
- Rack mount DC power supply for radios and other DC electronics.
- All Aluminum – lightweight, strong, and corrosion resistant.
- LED DOT lights – no maintenance, long life.
- Rear trailer hitch receiver (2” x 2” Class III Type) for piggy back towing or additional storage.
- Dual axle design with torsion suspension for easy towing, self leveling, and redundancy.
- Quick release system for easy loading and unloading of equipment enclosure.
- Leveling jacks for stability when deployed.
- Optional auto leveling jacks and outriggers are available.
- 35’ Aluminum communications tower.
- T base and custom mount.
- Worm gear winch for easy manual deployment.
- Electric deployment options available.
- Includes antenna mounting brackets and hardware.
- Pneumatic mast tower option available (includes air compressor system).
Satellite Antenna System
- Cobham Tracstar1200 Auto-Deploy Ku Band Satellite System.
- 1.2 Meter Prime Focus Offset Antenna.
- 6 Watt BUC & LNB.
- Rack mount antenna controller.
- Heater dish option available for cold weather operations (-40 F to 125 F).
- iDirect X-5 Satellite Modem.
- Automatic end-to-end uplink power control and beam switching.
- High-stability, temperature compensated oscillator.
- Comlabs’ VSAT bandwidth and VoIP hosting services.
Data, WiFi, and VoIP Systems
- Cisco VoIP router with multiple WAN support.
- Cellular data support (LTE where available).
- 24 port switch with POE support.
- Motorola WiFi access points with dual band MIMO and wireless mesh support.
Custom Equipment Options
- ACU 1000/2000 communications gateway system - Interface cards and connection cables included.
- Mobile radios - UHF, VHF, 700/800 MHz, HF, CB, Aircraft, Amateur, Etc.
- Portable radios and charging stations.
- Radio repeaters.
- AM/FM radio transmitters.
- Cellular telephone backhaul.
- VPN/Encryption appliances.
- Military radios.
- Video and IR surveillance systems.
- Weather stations.
- Spotlights and/or scene lights.
- Rackmount server, LCD monitor, mouse, and keyboard.
- Portable phones.
- Inflatable shelters.